So after the longest hiatus, I return dear friends..
I have been to Australia (via Singapore and home via Bangkok – I wasn’t there for more than an hour but it definitely counts), eaten more plane food than I care to remember and I have resigned my current employment!
I have heaps to write about Australia but first I must find the lead for my camera so I can upload photos so I thought I’d pop in a Christmassy/New Yeary recipe to keep people going until that point!
Clementine, Cranberry and Whisky Mess
- 6 meringues
- Whisky such as Bells (can be omitted or replaced with orange or cranberry juice)
- handful of oats
- 2 peeled and segmented clementines
- handful of cranberries
- 5 tsp brown sugar
- whipped half pint of double cream
- In a small saucepan, heat through the whisky and add the cranberries and 4 tsp of the brown sugar. Soften until sweet and tender.
- In a large bowl, add the whipped cream. Stir in the oats, the clementine segments and the softened cranberries, saving the juice.
- Crush the meringues into large chunks and stir gently into the oaty, creamy mixture.
- Spoon into large wine glasses and drizzle over the whisky juice and sprinkle with brown sugar…
And now to find my camera cable.