I made this recipe the other day after watching the final rounds of Masterchef, the 3 finalists visited Mamma Aggata’s cookery school in Northern Italy and it looked such a wonderfully easy recipe but full of flavour. It was so simple and so delicious but worth using really ripe good peppers and a fine Italian sausage if you can find one.
Mamma Aggata’s Sausage Pappardelle
- pack of good italian-esque sausages
- 3 handfuls of pappardelle
- 2 red peppers, 1 yellow pepper
- olive oil
- 1 white onion
- salt and pepper
- tin of chopped tomatoes
- In a large pan, melt the butter and add olive oil. When this is melted, add the peppers and saute until softened and browned. Add the onions and do the same. Add the tinned tomatoes and place the sausages in the same pan, prick them all over. Simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Boil the water for the pasta, add the pasta and cook for the required time.
- While this is cooking, break up the sausages into crumbs of sausagemeat and add back to the sauce.
- Stir the pasta into the sauce and serve with salt and pepper and basil and parmesan.